These homemade granola bars disappeared pretty quick the first time I made a batch. I'll take blame for devouring most of them, but they're just so darn delicious and satisfy my seemingly constant sweet tooth. Plus they're fairly healthy so I didn't feel too guilty. With all natural peanut butter and a mixture of nuts, they're packed full of protein and make for a great breakfast or afternoon snack. There's also very few ingredients and the recipe is super simple!
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1/2 cup organic honey
1 1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted, unsalted nuts
3/4 cup whole roasted, unsalted nuts
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and use a spoon or spatula to spread the gooey goodness into an even layer. I place a separate layer of parchment paper of the top and press firmly with my hands and fingertips to ensure all of the ingredients are packed tightly together.
- Pop into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before refrigerating for at least an hour. (I let mine sit overnight.)
- Cut into whatever size/shape bars your little heart desires.
- Munch away!
Tip: these yummy bars are on the softer side, so transfer them to an airtight container or plastic bag and store them in the refrigerator.
This recipe could easily be altered! Try tossing in some chocolate chips to please the kiddies. Or throw in some dried coconut for a tropical twist. Be experimental and find a flavour combination that suits your tastes. Just be sure to share your recipes with me...pretty please.