In case you didn’t already know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
I felt honoured to attend the second annual Pink Cocktail Party with Estée Lauder Companies last week to learn about the Pink Ribbon products that are helping raise funds for breast cancer research. The cosmetics empire first launched the campaign in 1992, and at the time, the survival rate for women was 75%. I was happy to learn that today that number has increased to 90%! Breast Cancer is no longer a death sentence. It’s merely a bump in the road.
Since inception, more than $76 million has been raised through the Estée Lauder Pink Ribbon Campaign, which has funded more than 250 medical research grants through the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) and is active in more than 70 countries around the globe.
This year, Estée Lauder Companies has launched a social call-to-action using the hashtag #TimeToEndBreastCancer, with a goal to “go out of business” and eliminate the need to fundraise for Breast Cancer research entirely.
It’s a simple gesture we (beauty junkies) already do on the regular…
We buy makeup or skincare products that sit pretty on our vanities. How many of you are already thinking about the next product you want to buy? Well, at this time of year, there are some specific products that sport pretty pink packaging and deserve to be on the top of your list, because they see a donation being made to the BCRF. I’m here today to tell you about some of them, and remind you that yes, you need that new pink lipstick (even if you don’t need another bloody pink lipstick) because it’s for an amazing cause.
This pink and mauve striped box houses a beautiful eyeshadow quad, an eyeshadow brush, a lipstick and a lip gloss. The shadows are sparkly and gorgeous. The lipstick packaging is pink and has a magnetic closure, and the gloss is shimmery but subtle. What more could a girl ask for?
But the best part is…
Estée Lauder will donate 100% of the suggested retail price ($40) to a maximum donation of $430,000 from the sale of this set. Did you have to read that again? Yes, you saw it correctly. Every single penny from the sale of each Powerful Pink Color Collection will be donated to the BCRF.
I’ll pause for a round of applause…
Next up is this gorgeous pink chrome bottle, accessorized with a beautiful pink leather tassel keychain that would look great on any handbag. I seriously can’t get over how amazing the packaging of this serum is!
But, again, the best part is…
Additional Promotions (Not Photographed) Include:
- GLAMGLOW Bubblesheet Oxygenating Deep Cleanse Mask $12 – 20% of each one purchased will be donated to the BCRF
- Aveda Hand Relief Moisturizing Creme with Calming Shampure Aroma $31 – $5.00 of each hand cream purchased will be donated to the BCRF
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter (Opal) $46 – $8 of each highlighter purchased will be donated to the BCRF
- Bobbi Brown Pinks with Purpose Lip Color Duo $60 – $17 from the purchase of each lipstick duo will be donated to the BCRF
- Bumble and Bumble Bb. Thickening Spray $34 – 20% of the suggested retail price from the sale of each limited edition hair product will be donated to the BCRF
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ $49 – $10 from the sale of each limited edition moisturizer will be donated to the BCRF
- LA MER Cleansing Micellar Water $75 – La Mer will donate 30% of the proceeds from each Cleansing Micellar Water sold to the BCRF
Companies Donating Regardless of Products Purchased:
- Smashbox ($10,000)
- Tom Ford Beauty ($55,000)
- ORIGINS ($50,000)
- DKNY ($25,000)
- Darphin ($7,000)
- Jo Malone London ($120,000)
- Lab Series ($25,000)
- Prescriptives ($5,000)
I can confirm that I’ll be buying a Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+. It’s my favourite (I used it daily) and I’ll be purchasing a new one sooner or later. Now seems like a good time to do so. It’s a win-win situation. I get to stock up on a product I love, while helping support a great cause at the same time.
So let me ask you this…
What product(s) peaks your interest? Is there something you want to buy to help raise funds for breast cancer research? Let me know and leave a comment below!